- 2014, Movoto.com named the Borough of Emmaus the 5th safest community in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with a population over 10,000 residents, based on the 2012 FBI Uniform Crime report statistics, which included murders, violent crimes, property crimes, and total crimes. The citing stated, “this borough, ranked in recent years one of the “Best Places to Live” in the U.S. by “Money Magazine,” is well known as a safe and family-friendly community. That’s because it is one of the least violent places in the state…”
- November 2013, Nerdwallet.com cited Emmaus as the 6th Best Town in Pennsylvania for Young Families. The rankings were based on public schools, affordability, and if the community is growing and prospering.
- 2013, the Borough was awarded the 2013 Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs Newsletter of the Year Award, an award that is presented to the borough with the best municipal newsletter. Every borough in Pennsylvania is eligible to receive this award, and we are proud of this recognition.
- 2008, the Borough was named by Catalogs.com as one of the top 10 places to live in Pennsylvania.
- Named as one of the Top 100 Places to Live in the United States by CNN / Money Magazine on two separate occasions. The borough reached the ranking in both 2007 (#87) and 2009 (#88).
- Awarded 2013 Delaware Valley Green Building Council’s Sustainable Community Award for the implementation of initiatives and policies that promote sustainable living. Among the initiatives cited were the implementation of a LED red light replacement program, the implementation of an energy analysis throughout the borough properties, storm water and sewer protection initiatives, recycling and compost efforts, and a watershed rehabilitation project at Leibert’s Creek among others.
Leibert Creek Wildlands Conservancy in Emmaus